For years, skin problems such as acne, fine lines and sun damage have been treated with lasers and chemical peels. Now there is a modern, safe and virtually painless alternative, Dermagenesis Medical Microdermabrasion. With well over a decade of success around the world, the microdermabrasion procedure has been used to treat millions of satisfied people.
Dermagenesis Medical Microdermabrasion uses a highly controlled flow of fine, medical grade crystals to remove the dead, outermost layer of skin. This exfoliation process reveals the new, living cells that are soft, smooth and receptive to nutrients.
The microdermabrasion procedure takes approximately thirty minutes, depending upon the skin condition, the area to be treated and the desired outcome. Many will notice improvements in the texture and appearance of their skin immediately after the first treatment. The long term benefits of multiple procedures can be remarkable.
Using a vacuum, the machine and a specially designed hand piece pass micro-fine crystals across the skin. As the crystals make contact, layers of the stratum corneum are exfoliated, then vacuumed away with the dead skin cells. The process rejuvenates the skin in a number of ways. The combination of skin exfoliation and slight vacuum stimulates fibroblasts to produce new healthy, living cells in the basal layer of the epidermis. This leads to cell turnover and improved blood flow.
Medical Microdermabrasion should be performed in a progressive, rather than aggressive manner. Optimum results are obtained through a series of treatments, typically four to eight treatments, spaced ten to fourteen days apart. There is virtually no healing time required with microdermabrasion, although rebuilding of the stratum corneum is rapid. The average time for complete cell regeneration and upward migration is 4-5 weeks.
The benefits of microdermabrasion are substantial.
- Overall rejuvenation of skin health
- Lower cost (compared to laser and plastic surgery)
- Reduction of minor to moderate early ageing fine lines
- Stimulation of fibroblasts for collagen production
- Scar revision
- Hyperpigmentation reduction (in combination with chemical lighteners)
- Enhanced penetration of carefully chosen topicals after treatment
- No potential for adverse chemical irritation
- May be performed during pregnancy
- No anaesthetic requirement
- May be performed after surgery with appropriate adjustment of vacuum and/or crystal flow
- No recovery or down time. Any residual erythema from a moderate peel may be camouflaged immediately
- Hyperpigmentation risk is minimal, as no heat is generated during microdermabrasion
- Sun induced pigmentation, melasma, age spots
- Whiteheads and blackheads
- Fine lines and minor wrinkles
- Acne and blemishes
- Enlarged/clogged pores
- Flaking and dry skin
- Excessive oiliness
- Scar and callus reduction
- Blending lasered and non-lasered areas after laser resurfacing
- Pre-treatment for cosmetic surgery
Book your appointment
GET EXPERT ADVICE AT A TIME TO SUIT YOU
To book an appointment simply fill in the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.